Sunday, May 13, 2007

Word From Sam, At Last

Sunday, May 13, 2007 5:57 PM (2 am Sam's time Monday morning)
Dear Mom,

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could call and wish you a happy mothers day, but right now the wait for phones is crazy long. I will try hard to call soon. This new FOB has A LOT more people then my last, at least 3-4 times as many, and its growing more each day.

I'm still in the "Left Seat/Right Seat" phase of my transition to platoon leader. Right now I'm just trying to get a feel for the various types of missions, and different vehicles we use. I will lead my first patrol in two days, then the current platoon leader passes the buck to me two days later, and its all mine. I have sooooo much to tell you guys about this job, this place, this adventure of being a platoon leader. All I can say for now is its COMPLETLY different from where I was before.....

Hopefully as I get more moved in and established here I will have more free time, equaling more time to call and e-mail. There is also internet available in my room, at a fairly fast connection speed.

Don't worry about me, I'm learning a lot, enjoying the change in jobs, and taken care of by a very experienced platoon.

Love,
Samuel

No comments: