Monday, May 14, 2007

My Peace I Give To You

Eklutna Lake near Anchorage, AK photo by J. Chamberlain July 2006
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled,
and do not let them be afraid.

John 14:27
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
David Schaal
http://www.cofchrist.org/
..... What does this imply for us? For me, it is a reminder that even in the midst of life’s trials and difficulties, Christ’s peace can be experienced. The challenge, of course, is to pay attention to our relationship with Christ in the midst of lives that are often hurried, harried, and hassled. In such a context, it is critical for the church and its members to engage our world with great energy and vigor, while at the same time carving out priority time for reflection and prayer. No relationship can be healthy if we do not invest time in it. Hence, our need to be intentional about making time for meditation and prayer in order to cultivate an inner stillness in the midst of busy living. In so doing, we become more able to sense how Christ is present in the midst of the world’s need, and thereby become more able to receive the peace of Christ, even in the presence of great turmoil.

No comments: