Thursday, May 17, 2007

Pray We Must!!

Isaiah 55:6 + 11

6 "Seek the Lord while he may be found:
call upon him while he is near, ...

11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I propose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which it was set.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I found this wonderful reference and passage on Ethan Corban's Carepage.
Our prayers for both Sam, battling in Iraq, and Ethan battling cancer here at home are so similar, Gods will be done. Healing and protection, strength and wisdom, and above all God's grace. I have appreciated Scott's faith and willingness to listen and share what he and Tanya are going through. We are on parallel courses on our faith journey as we both face these major adversities. Valerie and I draw strength from knowing that God is our side. As Jesus told us in Matthew 6:34, we try not to worry about tomorrow, but to take each day on it's own, for today has enough worries to content with.
Jay

No comments: