Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Two from Sam

Sunday 3/11/2007 12:48 PM
What’s up?

One more week and I’m OUT!!!!!!! Looks like my flight leaves for BIAP on the evening of the 18th, then it will be sitting time, for a few days until I get out of country, but I don’t care, as long as I’m out of Iskan homeward bound!

Anyway, talk to you later.
Sam
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday 3/12/2007 8:12 AM
Isn’t it daylight savings time in the states now? We don’t do that here until April I think.

No idea yet what day I leave for sure. One guy told me 18th, another said no not until 22nd, will let you know what I know. Basically fly to Baghdad the evening of the 18th, sit in BIAP until the evening of the 19th or 20th. (we fly at night only until we get to Kuwait for safety) Sit in Kuwait until probably the 21st or 22nd, then board a military contracted civilian plane. Fly from there to 1 of 3-4 possible places, Germany, Scotland, Ireland, Iceland, or Amsterdam (that’s 5) re-fuel and fly to either Dallas or Atlanta. I then de-plane, go to a military travel office in the airport. They stamp my leave form as in a port of entry, then get my ticket for Alaska. It could be minutes/hours/hopefully not days before I leave Atlanta or Dallas for Anchorage....

Sam

No comments: