Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Three Hearts Beating

Halloween 1989 ~ Sam, Maggi, Molly

A Poem of Love


Three Hearts Beating
written in love
by Valerie Barten Chamberlain
mother


first came my knight in shining armor
brown eyes like deep pools
filled with love, wisdom, compassion, strength
armed with honor, integrity, devotion
my rock, my believer,
my defender, my knight
defender of my heart, my knight...
then, and now to be shared...
with the world... with his princess...
my knight


along comes the lioness – blonde hair flying
blue eyes dance with light
full of courage, determination, strength
angel of our soul
conqueror of our hearts... beauty deep
my mind is her mind – no sea can part
like a lion – she stands tall and
commands respect
my lioness with the blonde hair flying


now welcome my little strawberry
how sweet is thy presence...
fruit of the spirit
light of our light – miracle child
to know her is to love her –
basking in her sweetness
never far away from our thoughts
gift of love...
a shining star on all that know her –
to know her is to know a smile...
my little strawberry... belonging to all of us


Honor... Courage... Spirit...
Then on that Halloween Eve
and forever in our life...
God honors us...
My heart lives in these places,
these moments...their story lives on...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to 3 amazing children. You truly have been blessed and they've been blessed to have you and Jay. Thank you for sharing their picture, your poem and their lives with us. I am a better person for knowing you all.