Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hebrews 13:6

So we say with confidence,
"The Lord is my helper;
I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?"

Dave Dravecky the major league pitcher who lost his arm to cancer said,
"...Growing up, I had always been at the center of attention. That was exactly how I wanted it. My performance had been for me, and no one else. I had to be the star.

That kind of motivation can keep you going strong, so long as you succeed. But it's not so good for dealing with failure, or with forces beyond your control. Seeing Jesus Christ as your audience shifted the pressure off yourself. You did your best to bring glory to God, not yourself. If you lost(a baseball game), the loss would hurt, but it wouldn't change anything fundamental. Gos would still be there."

Hebrews 13:7
Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today and forever.

No comments: