Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Good Words

Mom,
Tuesday, February 13, 2007 11:33 AM (EDT)
I got Fari's care package, and Pat Mussey's. Please let them know, they're perfect. Tell Fari I love the cashews, that's my new favorite nut. And Pat I like the Hershey kisses with peanut butter, I've never seen that before.
Today I've been mainly in the office all day. Working some logistics, engineering construction stuff, trying to get this patrol base built in Jurf As Sukhr.
I went out yesterday with the visiting engineers. It was a pretty good mission, well, nothing happened, so that's great. We got back in time for dinner, even better. I did see the cutest dog in Iraq. A little puppy digging through some trash alongside the road in a village called Bahbahani on the west side of the euphrates river, north of Musayyib.
Tonight we're having a boring AAR of the first 100 days thus far. I guess it will be good, but its 96 slides long, I'm betting it will take 2.5 hours, maybe more. I've come to hate meetings, all of them.
I went for a great run this afternoon. It was only two miles, but I ran hard, and want to start getting more miles in daily. Its been a long time since I ran daily. I try and hit the gym nightly, riding the bike for 20 min of cardio, but lately I have been so apathetic. Its just a stage...
Well that's about it for here.
Have a good week.
Love, Sam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always great to hear from Sam, I loved getting the long e-mails from him. It's comforting.