Sunday, November 2, 2008

Greenbrier River, WV Rails to Trail

Sunday was the best weather and reached about 63 by mid afternoon. We travelled about an hour to ride 20 miles of the 80 mile long Greenbrier River Trail. We headed for Renick at Mile Marker 24 and peddled north.

(click on any image to enlarge)


There are campsites with water and pot-a-potties about every 7 miles. My 1995 Performance, steel framed MTB is still alive and rolling, but on pavement I am having a hard time keeping up with Valerie on her new aluminium, 2009 Trek 7.5 FX WSD fast fitness bike.

Valerie was not a happy camper when we hit the Droop Mountain tunnel. I convinced her the scenery was better on the other side. My small LED head lamp didn't do a lot to quell her Bat fears as we travelled the 400' to the other side.
A mile later she starting to talk to me again when I spotted this 80 foot high rock cliff.
The fall colors were beautiful.

Our turn around point.

The Horrock, WV whistle stop sign.
We finished in 3 hours.


No comments: