Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Perfect Ashe Co., NC Fraser Fir

The following photos document the 2008 quest for the perfect Christmas tree, Ashe County, NC style. This is a county that sells over 27 Million dollars worth of Fraser firs every year. The White House tree came from there this year. Now as you will see Travis is a professional when it comes to picking out the perfect tree. Heck he even has his own measuring stick. Believe me when I say he may have met his match in a discerning consumer when it came to helping Valerie.
Sun rise Saturday morning from the guest house over looking the tree farm. (click on any image to enlarge)
The guest house/cabin is in the upper right hand corner

"Valerie, believe me when I say the red ribbon is a 10 foot tree. The STICK doesn't lie"

"10 foot you say, it doesn't look a bit over 9. I just need a bigger house"

"Hmmmm, it could be the perfect tree. Did you say Rick has 24,999 more trees to pick from?"

We stand next to the 2008 winner.

The girls pick the perfect apartment tree for Maggi
We even had the opportunity to make fresh wreaths.
Rick and Jane prepare our tree for the trip up I-81


No comments: