Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Matt Gregor in Kuwait




Hello from Kuwait!
I'm fine, got here a few days ago, with a few more days here before we head north.
The flight was fine, only 2 hours layover in Germany (no sightseeing, awww), and then south to Kuwait.
Our acclimation period here is get up early, PT, a few classes and a bunch of sitting around.
It's been about 105+ degrees here since we got here, with 2 of those days of constant wind and sand blowing.
The base here is huge, with a lot of amenities to soak up our hard-earned deployment money. I try not to be
tempted.
I just wanted to give you all an update. I don't think I'll be online much the next week or two; hopefully we
get better access to the internet where we are going, but I won't hold my breathe.
Later,
Matt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Matt is my nephew (sister Lisa's son). He is a recently commissioned 2nd LT, artillery officer in the 10th Mountain Div, 1-87 IN Battalion out of Fort Drum, NY. He will be deployed to Task Force Summit, FOB Warrior near Kirkuk, north of Baghdad.

No comments: