Friday, January 2, 2009

2009 Resolutions - NOT

I am not so sure I believe in a setting New Years resolutions. It seems to me, when you do, you are setting yourself up for failure.

So how else can a person set goals for him/herself in an effort to improve, grow, step outside that box, conquer fears.

First, let me say that 408 miles of bicycling in one year, 365 days is pretty miserable. Only 27 rides in 56 weeks.

Man, that just don't get er done.

Yes, it was more miles by far than I had pedaled in many years. No, I didn't ride an organized century like I had hoped. But, come on, that has got to be one of my goals for 2009. More riding. More miles. Feel healthier. Drop those last 10 pounds.

OMG. Those sure sounds like a New Years resolutions to me.

I am guessing Valerie, averages over 20 miles of power walking every week. Set that to 50 weeks and we're talking 1000 miles of pavement pounding.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!

Get off the couch, MAN!! Hit the road!! See the USA in your Chevrolet!!

Happy New Year.

No comments: