Monday, January 14, 2008

Iraqi Extremes

Here is another side of Iraq you may not know about. Below freezing and mud, not 140 deg. and dust. Jay

(click on any image to enlarge)


All,
Today (13 Jan) I participated in my 3rd air assault, the first from CH-47 Chinooks. After the bad guys of course (don't really need all the details, just know that they were bad), our largest to date. The interesting part was trying to get to the objective. The landing zone was about 1500 meters away from the village, below freezing and had just rained all day 24 hours prior. Needless to say, we got a little muddy (therefore the picture). We're talking knee-deep mud in most places and wading through canals just to get good footing. All went well.
Just thought I'd share some more pictures of my time here.
Later,
Matt
********************************
Sam says,
"Nice. I remember those days, not so fondly, when I rucked 40 lbs. of C4 after an infil in boats up the Euphrates river, after a rain storm. I think that was the first time I ever got shot at too! Glad to see Matt's getting his boots dirty with the grunts!"

No comments: